….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Used the Power of Research and Deductive Reasoning to Make Sure Harry Didn’t Die”
Hermione Granger and “That time I figured shit out and literally ended up petrified for the cause and it took my friends weeks to figure out that I had the research on me”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Was a Time Lord”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Realized I was Hot and Smart and Saved Harry’s Ass with Research. Again. All the Time. Really, He Would Have Died Without Me.”
Hermione Granger and “That time Harry was too emo to actually do shit so I did shit in his name because I am the power behind the throne clearly also PS fought evil deatheaters and won”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I told Harry about the Dangers of Copying off Somebody’s else’s work that wasn’t mine and OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I let Harry Decide Where to Go and What To do and we ended up wandering the forests of dean for like 5 months before saving his ass at Hogwarts”
We gotta get these bitches out of here.
#i feel like this is also an important showcase of the different tones of insult women face! #natasha is scary and strong and she takes down the bitches comment #because someone as unwilling to play the game as her would see it a lot #(like scarlet herself does whenever she speaks out about her bullshit treatment) #but pepper is someone who lives and breathes those powerplays#so she gets ”honey” she gets the sweet ones #we’re all on the same side here honey there’s no need to make that call #be sweet and soft and quiet know your place honey #and they’re both awful and sickening #and bad and unokay and you never doubt that! #the threat of violence is something natasha takes down easily #but pepper not bowing to a #air quotes #friendly piece of advice from a friend in the business #is just as amazing and strong #unimpressed ginger coalition more like do you see how easy it is to have two female characters #do you see how easy it is to have them interact #wow it’s like women are people and not a delightful array of barbies with slightly different dresses on
ALL THESE NOTES.
Also the phrase “unimpressed ginger coalition.”
Natasha Romanoff + Pepper Potts for rulers of the world, with Clint Barton as backup security and Tony Stark as grumpy mechanic.
Eddie Izzard on The Project (Australia) [x]
Eddie Izzard on gender expectations.
"The truth is… I’m in love."
Doctor Who Quotes: Martha Jones, series four
You either love The Princess Bride or you’re wrong.
THOSE ARE THE OPTIONS YOU HAVE
Give him a break. He’s been mostly dead all day.
If a more quotable movie exists I’d like to see it.
Delena + being playful little kids